This guide shows you how to set the paper size of your Brother QL-1110NWB for Mac.
The guide presumes that the printer is connected and installed on your Mac. If not, please do so before moving on with this guide.
There are two types of Brother label rolls:
- Standard label size of 103 x 164 mm. These can be used with e.g. GLS, DAO365 and Brink Transport labels but not with PostNord, as they are a bit longer.
- Continuous (endless) roll. We recommend that you set the paper size to 103 x 190 mm so you can use it for all carriers.
This guide is showing the setup for both types of label rolls.
Notes for the setup:
- The setup has been tested in Google Chrome browser.
- If you use Google Chrome, labels should always be printed through the system print dialogue (Option+Cmd+P).
How to set it up
Open the browser's system print dialogue by clicking Option+Cmd+P or go to Files > Print.. and click on Dialogue for Print via system...
Select Manage Custom sizes under Paper Size.
Click on Plus (+) to add a new paper size.
Name your new paper size and fill out the width and length:
- The paper size for Brother's standard label should be 103 x 164 mm.
- We recommend that the paper size for the continuous label roll should be 103 x 192 mm.
Click on OK.
Now you'll be able to choose the newly created paper size for your shipping labels.
Enabling auto-cut function
You can set your label printer up to automatically cut paper after each print job.
However, the auto-cut feature on Mac only works after each print job and not after each label.
To set this up, click on Finishing Settings under Media and Quality.
Then click on Cut at the end of job under Customize.
The printer is now configured and ready for use.